If I was head of marketing for any company, but especially a tech
company startup or otherwise, I likely would be enamored of using
taglines like, "This changes everything!" Connotations of the future, of
excitement, of adventure, just the right amount of tension (fear) from
uncertainty, promise of new opportunities, etc. etc.  I.e., I would
market  as a disruptor without using the word.

davew