Hi, Glen,

I think you are being a little unfair:

I merely laid out the understandings that lead ME to think that one cannot
doubt and act at the same time: ie, it is entailed by my definition of belief.

>We are a having a definitional problem.  To a pragmatist (which I seem

>to be) there can be no doubt in the presence of action (and no belief

>in its absence).  So when you say, “I doubt everything” that MEANS to

>me that you do nothing.

If you have a different understanding of belief, that conclusion would not
follow, presumably.  How would you decide whether I truly believed something.

Nick

Nicholas S. Thompson

Clark University