Marcus -

It took me a few takes to get the implication/import of your response...
let me reframe:

    /This just in from a younger (40) colleague I've known for decades
    whose biases and understandings I think I understand well:  //
    /

To add context for why I was puzzled by your response, she did just have
a baby (a year ago) and when CRISPR hit the deck (decade ago now?) her
first whimsical response was to say she wanted to splice back in the
genes for prehensile tails for humans (and she hadn't even seen Cats on
broadway, and long before the bad movie version where digitally rendered
tails were the main star)...

So I thought somehow you knew all this and was calling *that* out.  I
don't think her son has a tail... or at least they keep it well tucked
when I visit.

Back to playing "whack-a-mole" with the myriad consequences of this
pandemic!

 Carry on,

 - Steve