David, you are absolutely correct. Seldom is absolutist rhetoric anything other
than petulant expression. It's other major use is to shout down contrary speech
and prevent the kind of specific and nuanced discussion that both you and I
would prefer.

It would be so cool to explore the Republican spectrum of individuals and
mini-blocs in order to explicate what "they" want. Similarly for the enveloping
conservative spectrum and the liberal and Democratic spectra.

It would be wonderful if we could have a conversation as to why Dobbs was
'correct law ' (with some input from the late RBG) despite Alito's moronic
misreading of history. But that would mean taking on the task of thinking about
how to craft appropriate and sound laws that clearly and absolutely established
women's rights to privacy and personal health care. Maybe resurrect the ERA
with codicils.

Or, a discussion of how Clarence Thomas is far more Malcom-X and Martin Luther
King than Uncle Tom.

Or, my personal favorite, how the EPA ruling is, finally, a mandate to Congress
folk to "do their Effing jobs!"

But look, I have grossly exceeded my 140 character limit, so, in today's world,
it seems such conversations are not allowed.

davew

https://bit.ly/virtualfriam