Thanks Ralf, it seems that you are getting close to a solution to this problem.

But my question remains:  Why is there a difference between compiling
a SPAD file with some name and an Aldor file with some other name?  In
SPAD the name of the library has no relation to the name of the source
file but in Aldor we are fixing the name to be the same as the source
file.  Is this a good idea?  If it is a good idea, is it possible to
make SPAD also work this way, i.e. give all SPAD source files long
names? Also I think that in SPAD it is possible to compile more that
one category/domain in the same source file, each into separate
libraries.  How could we do that with Aldor in FriCAS?