On 9 February 2014 09:21, Ralf Hemmecke <r...@hemmecke.org> wrote:
>> Thanks Ralf, it seems that you are getting close to a solution to this
>> problem.
>
> No. I have no idea which code generates the respective lines and how I
> can fix this.
>
>> But my question remains:  Why is there a difference between compiling
>> a SPAD file with some name and an Aldor file with some other name?  In
>> SPAD the name of the library has no relation to the name of the source
>> file but in Aldor we are fixing the name to be the same as the source
>> file.  Is this a good idea?
>
> For SPAD you are right, but instead the filename is encoded into the
> )abbrev stuff. Pretty ugly, if you ask me. I don't want to write those
> )abbrev lines.

I think that it does not have to be ugly like )abbrev which I agree is
very ugly.  It could instead be a well defined part of the language in
both SPAD and Aldor.

> Since Aldor is only used to translate the .as file into an .lsp file.
> That file must have some name. The original filename is the best guess
> one can have for a unique filename. (It actually doesn't matter much
> what it actually is as long as it is unique, since it's generated stuff
> anyway.)
>
> Ignoring the filename case is obviously not the best idea, but I guess
> there was some reason why it's done that way.

Maybe.  But it seems queer to embed the file name or some modified
version of it into the generated code.

> Since the code is generated into the .lsp file, I think that the fix
> must go to the lisp generated of the Aldor compiler.
>
> Probably into that file, but I'm not sure.
> https://github.com/pippijn/aldor/blob/master/aldor/aldor/src/genlisp.c

OK.

>> If it is a good idea, is it possible to
>> make SPAD also work this way, i.e. give all SPAD source files long
>> names?
>
> Probably. But I don't think that's high priority at the moment.

Understood.

>> Also I think that in SPAD it is possible to compile more that
>> one category/domain in the same source file, each into separate
>> libraries.  How could we do that with Aldor in FriCAS?
>
> Why would you need that?

Hmmm... for resolving mutual dependencies?