On 2014-06-29 3:26 PM, "Ralf Hemmecke" <r...@hemmecke.org> wrote:

> > For MathAction I hope this will be easy: AFAICS
> > Python code matches generically '\begin{something}...\end{something}'
> > so probably no change will be needed.  There is global LaTeX
> > template and we need to use appropriate style there.  MathAction
> > uses texbreak program. so the main question is how breqn compares
> > to texbreak.

Yes.

> Yes, my guess is also that it basically works like efricas, i.e. compile
> certain parts with latex and then includes the generated .png file.

Yes.

> However, there would also be another option, which might make the breqn
> irrelevant. Maybe we can think about generating mathoutput that can be
> understood by MathJax.

Generating LaTeX that can be understood by mathjax sounds like a good idea
but what does this have to do with line breaking and breqn?

>Well, that's javascript and perhaps not
> everyone's taste, but there is noscript in Firefox to allow only
> javascript for a particular domain and my long term goal is anyway to
> have something similar to the Sage Notebook, so again that would involve
> MathJax (or perhaps use mathml formatter).

Both mathjax and mathml seem like interesting options for mathaction
(axiom-wiki) but I think that they do not solve the problem of long output
sometimes generated by FriCAS.