When trying to integrate:
integrate(1/(x^4+2*a*x^2+a^2-1),x)
I get a list containing "all possible solutions"; that's okay, but how do I determine what conditions the alternatives hold for?  Is there an automated way; or do I have to evaluate each solution separately
?Dealing with the same problem I tried:
complexIntergrate()
and got one solution.
Should I just go with complexIntegrate() all the time?
I am evaluating the Rubi test suite in Maxima and trying fricas as a fall back when Maxima fails; and trying to keep the interface simple.

Ray