Martin R wrote:

> ------=_Part_5621_1147149640.1532098688227
>
> ------=_Part_5622_1923490781.1532098688228
>
> Dear Waldek,
>
> Am Freitag, 20. Juli 2018 16:16:15 UTC+2 schrieb Waldek Hebisch:
> >
> > Martin R wrote:
> > > Curiously, the InputForm of products and sums gets rid
> > > of subscripted symbols automagically...
> >
> > Well, you use dummy variables in input form.  Scripted symbols
> > only appear in names corresponding to dummies.  So in effect
> > you drop original names of variables, replacing them by
> > dummies.
>

> Yes.  What I found curious is that the name is preserved in FriCAS:

Names of variables do not matter for kernels equality, so you
get names used in first kernel that you create.

> Attached a new patch, treating symbols in OutputForm special.

OK, please commit.

  • Re: [fricas-devel] interop... Waldek Hebisch
    • Re: [fricas-devel] in... 'Martin R' via FriCAS - computer algebra system
      • Re: [fricas-devel... 'Martin R' via FriCAS - computer algebra system
        • Re: [fricas-d... Waldek Hebisch
          • Re: [fric... 'Martin R' via FriCAS - computer algebra system
            • Re: ... Ralf Hemmecke
            • Re: ... Waldek Hebisch
              • ... 'Martin R' via FriCAS - computer algebra system
              • ... Waldek Hebisch