On 12/5/20 11:26 PM, Waldek Hebisch wrote:
On Sat, Dec 05, 2020 at 09:06:22PM +0800, oldk1331 wrote:
Almost sure it is bug when adding new kernel in cache, in function
"enterInCache".

ATM our handling of kernel cache is unsound.  Basicaly, kernel
cache assumes order and in fact there are no consistent order
on kernels.

Can you share more details about this?

Still, it shocks me a little that we trade correctness for speed...

Currently, IMO correct direction is to limit creation of
new kernel and better detect cases when we already created
needed kernel.  This in necessary to avoid other bugs
and with limiting creation of kernels using linear
search will be less problematic.

I agree. "trigs2explogs" would be a good place to start
limiting creation of kernels.

Also, does that mean we will move to linear search in
the future?