Hello,

I wrote some code that relies on univariate taylor series in q.
Since it was cumbersome to always carry the variable name 'q and the
center of expansion 0 in the type, I created a kind of wrapper domain.
(See attachement for something that demonstrates my problem.)

My wrapper domain actually works nicely as long as I do not want to make
a connection back and forth to UnivariateTaylorSeries.

My question is how can I coerce an element of QEtaTaylorSeries(Q) to an
element of UnivariateTaylorSeries(Q, 'q, 0$Q) and/or the other way round?

I simply cannot find the error in the implementation.

I am sure it has something to do with non-type-valued arguments, but how
can I make this code work nicely without tricks?

Thank you
Ralf

(7) -> t1 - t2
   There are 9 exposed and 6 unexposed library operations named -
      having 2 argument(s) but none was determined to be applicable.
      Use HyperDoc Browse, or issue
                                )display op -
      to learn more about the available operations. Perhaps
      package-calling the operation or using coercions on the arguments
      will allow you to apply the operation.

   Cannot find a definition or applicable library operation named -
      with argument type(s)
                UnivariateTaylorSeries(Fraction(Integer),q,0)
                     QEtaTaylorSeries(Fraction(Integer))

      Perhaps you should use "@" to indicate the required return type,
      or "$" to specify which version of the function you need.

(7) -> t1 :: QTS(Q)

   Cannot convert the value from type UnivariateTaylorSeries(Fraction(
      Integer),q,0) to QEtaTaylorSeries(Fraction(Integer)) .

(7) -> t2 :: UTS(Q)

   Cannot convert the value from type QEtaTaylorSeries(Fraction(Integer
      )) to UnivariateTaylorSeries(Fraction(Integer),q,0) .

(7) -> coerce(t1)$QTS(Q)
   There are 81 exposed and 159 unexposed library operations named
      coerce having 1 argument(s) but none was determined to be
      applicable. Use HyperDoc Browse, or issue
                             )display op coerce
      to learn more about the available operations. Perhaps
      package-calling the operation or using coercions on the arguments
      will allow you to apply the operation.

   Cannot find a definition or applicable library operation named
      coerce with argument type(s)