Recently there is news about the release of Flutter 2.0, and Ubuntu
using it to build the future Ubuntu installer.

I'm a little interested in it and take a deeper look.

Short introduction, "Flutter is Google’s UI toolkit for building
beautiful, natively compiled applications for mobile, web, and
desktop from a single codebase."

It is based on the Dart language.  Frankly speaking, I like it somewhat.
Some of its language features are similar to SPAD, I would say.
Strong static typing with type deduction, its "abstract class" is a bit
like our "Category".  It fits to my taste much better than JS.

About Flutter, its design philosophy appeals to me as well.
The underlying operating systems only provide a canvas and
Flutter provides all the widgets to do the rendering.

I'd say I would prefer to use Flutter than Qt (C++ or Python/JS binding)
to build the replacement of HyperDoc.  Maybe I can make up my
mind and get a working demo before the end of this year (or next year),
for Linux/Windows/macOS/Web/Android/iOS.

- Qian