Hi here, Hi Waldek,

Waldek, what do you think of allowing, via an user option in command
line arguments
say, '--no-banner', to suppress the banner at startup to better
interface FriCAS to different frontends?

This could be done for example via the fricas script which sends to FRICASsys
the '--no-banner' parameter and can be extracted in fricas-init routine.
With SBCL this is available in the sb-ext:*posix-argv* variable, other
Common Lisp implementations
are also able to access command line arguments.

For what I have found the essential pieces of code to print this
banner are in fricas-init (util.lisp)
and spadStartUpMsgs (msgdb.boot). I can code a proof of concept piece
of code for review if necessary.

Regards
__
Greg