Because it’s still very far from being perfect…
Most of large to medium cities have fiber nearly everywhere, even villages are
getting there, but we have many areas that are sparsely populated and barely
have RE-ADSL (still, if they’re lucky) and spotty mobile network. It’s usually
going to be old and/or rural, while at the same time, every single thing has to
be done online, from paying taxes to declaring/selling crops and getting a part
for your tractor. It’s stuff you can’t do over sluggish pstn anymore

Businesses around my dad’s all went satellite since years, DSL when available
won’t sync over 512kb, and lines barely are good enough to carry voice anyways
when trucks simply don’t tear them down by accident, cell phone calls hardly go
through, places like that are common… A beautiful countryside otherwise :)