I completely agree with you. In fact this is the
reason I have hardcoded user and group names in our
FileObject implementations. May be one thing we can do
is to add few methods like changeOwner() and
changeGroup() in FileObject interface. It will return
true if success. So the current implementations will
return false. If the user wants to use a new file
system manager which will use JNI, these methods can
be overwritten.

What do you think?

Thanks,
Rana Bhattacharyya