Hello!

I'm new to this list.

I want to change the rights (access/owner) of a file after I've successfully transferred it to the ftp-server. Most FTP-Servers and FTP-Clients understand the "CHMOD" command where file-rights can be modified. If I use the "CHMOD" command within the apache ftp-server, an errormessage "Access Denied" appears. Is the apache ftp-Server unable to handle CHMOD Commands or is my configuration bad?

I'm using Apache FTP on Debian Sarge Linux, after I transferred files to the FTP Server the owner of the file is always root:root and readable for owner and group.

Thanks for help.

br
franz stumpner