Hello!

I've been working with a virtual filesystem for a while, and so far it's been working great. Now the issue is to support the most common ftp-clients as to move away from the status as a novelty-feature.

The one client I'm having issues with currently is the native ftp-support in MacOSX (Finder?). The server transmits a user with write permissions, and while most folders are not write-permissible, there is an equivalent of an upload directory, the user Workspace folder at root.

The MacOSX native client disregards the unique folder permission and decides that all directories at the server is read only. Has anyone else had any experience with this? If I connect with the Transmit program, everything works as expected, and also under Windows native (Explorer?) and various clients.

Using MacOSX 10.3.9, Finder 10.3.2.

(To support MacOSX native client is important, as to be able to connect the FTP-server as a remote-drive for seamless integration.)

--
Best regards,

Joakim Back