That looks like a perfectly good listing, must be some serious problem with the client.

/niklas

Joakim Back wrote:
I'm not sure how to further debug this issue, which is why I'm posting already with little new information to provide.

Here's the list result (fixed-width formatting);

Windows cmd:

ftp> ls
200 Command PORT okay.
150 File status okay; about to open data connection.
dr--------   1 ImageServer ImageServer            0 Aug 27 08:57 Folder A
dr--------   1 ImageServer ImageServer            0 Aug 27 08:57 Folder B
drw-------   1 ImageServer ImageServer            0 Aug 27 08:57 Workspace
226 Closing data connection.

Mac OS-X shell:

ftp> ls
229 Entering Passive Mode (|||3450|)
150 File status okay; about to open data connection.
dr--------   1 ImageServer ImageServer            0 Aug 27 10:32 Folder A
dr--------   1 ImageServer ImageServer            0 Aug 27 10:32 Folder B
drw-------   1 ImageServer ImageServer            0 Aug 27 10:32 Workspace
226 Closing data connection.

Note; Uploading a file through the Mac OS-X console using "put filename.ext" works fine in Workspace.
It is uploading through the native Finder ftp-support that fails.

Again, any advice (from anyone) would be appreciated, but I'm not expecting anyone to do my legwork :)

Best regards,

Joakim Back

Niklas Gustavsson skrev:
I know nothing about this specific client. However, one thing that might give a clue is what a LIST would return showing those directories. The LIST result contains the access for the user, based on hasReadPermission() and hasWritePermission() on FileObject.

/niklas

Joakim Back wrote:
Hello!

I've been working with a virtual filesystem for a while, and so far it's been working great. Now the issue is to support the most common ftp-clients as to move away from the status as a novelty-feature.

The one client I'm having issues with currently is the native ftp-support in MacOSX (Finder?). The server transmits a user with write permissions, and while most folders are not write-permissible, there is an equivalent of an upload directory, the user Workspace folder at root.

The MacOSX native client disregards the unique folder permission and decides that all directories at the server is read only. Has anyone else had any experience with this? If I connect with the Transmit program, everything works as expected, and also under Windows native (Explorer?) and various clients.

Using MacOSX 10.3.9, Finder 10.3.2.

(To support MacOSX native client is important, as to be able to connect the FTP-server as a remote-drive for seamless integration.)