Hey Earl,

yes, you could create a DB backed file system implementation. In fact,
if you're able to do it in open I would be happy to help you out and
get the code into the core project.

As for users, we already have DBUserManager which should let you do that.

The project has graduated from incubation and is now a subproject to
Apache MINA. As part of that, the mailing list has moved. I've added
the new list on the recipients, please keep any further communication
there. The project is active, albeit somewhat slow now as I'm very
busy with other things (like moving) for the next couple of weeks.
That being said, any contributions are welcomed.

We do not have a list of compatible FTP clients, however, I would like
FtpServer to be as compliant to the relevant RFC as possible and thus
hopefully support as many clients as possible. Any problems in this
area will be quickly handled if reported.

/niklas