Geen commentaar, ik kan me alleen heel erg identificeren met de auteur. Hoewel mijn Frans beter is natuurlijk, maar ik zou ook niets gezegd hebben. Erg jammer dat ik het niet zelf heb meegemaakt.

Uit de obituaries nieuwsgroep nota bene.

------- Begin Forwarded Message -------

Subject: Re: Spared: A Whole Lotta Wild Chihuahuas
From: Andy Dingley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries

On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 16:46:18 +1200, "Robert Feigel (aka Bob)"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I've never met a Chihuahua that I didn't dislike

Few years ago I lived in Paris for a year. The place is full of dogs,
despite a Parisian flat being tiny and expensive. So tiny pocket-sized
breeds are the favourite.

I didn't much like these dogs. To my mind, a dog is something that
rounds up sheep for you, or collects freshly shot duck. Not something
you trip over.  Our office jokes tended to much the same opinion, a
lot of musing about drop-kicking the little rats and how far you could
get one to fly.

Then one day I'm walking in to work, along St Germain. A woman just
ahead of me is walking her powder-puff mutt. Middle-aged, very smartly
dressed, in a hurry - typical Parisian. When I say "walking" I really
mean "dragging it along behind her, faster than its little legs can
move".

We come to a road junction. The traffic is snarled up solid and cars
can't pull out. The light is green, but they aren't going anywhere and
so the pedestrians wind their way through the gaps between them.
Including dog lady.

Then one car pulls forward. There's a gap, and another car behind can
roll forward by a length. Dog lady is still in a hurry, so the lead is
stretched out far behind her.  It's only a little dog, so it's
invisible alongside a car's bonnet. Or in this case, underneath a
bonnet. The car rolls forward, and straight over the furball. Squick.

Now dog lady doesn't notice this. Maybe there's a little pull on the
lead to make Fluffy come along. But there is shopping to be done, and
Madame must be on her way. So she keeps on moving, but what's dragging
on the lead now isn't a slightly sluggish dog, it's a flat mush of
fur. Dragging across the road like a roadkill paintbrush. Fluffy is
_flat_.

I stare wide-eyed at this. part of me wants to tell her about this
little tragedy. Part of me wants to burst out laughing (I blame Tom &
Jerry). But I know my French just isn't going to be up to it, so I
head off to work.

-------- End Forwarded Message --------

Mooie woorden: powder-puff mutt, furball, squick, roadkill paintbrush.

--
ReindeR (kijkt met afgrijnzen naar de hondjes in Ozbournes serie)