To All Our Family and Friends:

Just a note to let you know we are hoping to see you Thanksgiving Day. But.... 
Martha Stewart will not be dining with us this Thanksgiving. I'm telling you in 
advance, so don't act surprised. 
Since Ms. Stewart won't be coming, I've made a few small changes: 

Our sidewalk will not be lined with homemade, paper bag luminaries. After a 
trial run, it was decided that no matter how cleverly done, rows of flaming 
lunch sacks do not have the desired welcoming effect. 

Once inside, our guests will note that the entry hall is not decorated with the 
swags of Indian corn and fall foliage I had planned to make. Instead, I've 
gotten the kids involved in the decorating by having them track in colorful 
autumn leaves from the front yard. The mud was their idea. 

The dining table will not be covered with expensive linens, fancy china, or 
crystal goblets. If possible, we will use dishes that match and everyone will 
get a fork. Since this IS Thanksgiving, we will refrain from using the plastic 
Peter Rabbit plate and the Santa napkins from last Christmas. 

Our centerpiece will not be the tower of fresh fruit and flowers that I 
promised. Instead we will be displaying a hedgehog-like decoration hand-crafted 
from the finest construction paper. 
The artist assures me it is a turkey. 

We will be dining fashionably late. The children will entertain you while you 
wait. I'm sure they will be happy to share every choice comment I have made 
regarding Thanksgiving, pilgrims and the turkey hotline. Please remember that 
most of these comments were made at 5:00 a.m. upon discovering that the turkey 
was still hard enough to cut diamonds. 

As accompaniment to the children's recital, I will play a recording of tribal 
drumming. If the children should mention that I don't own a recording of tribal 
drumming, or that tribal drumming sounds suspiciously like a frozen turkey in a 
clothes dryer, ignore them. They are lying. 

We toyed with the idea of ringing a dainty silver bell to announce the start of 
our feast. In the end, we chose to keep our traditional method. We've also 
decided against a formal seating arrangement. When the smoke alarm sounds, 
please gather around the table and sit where you like. In the spirit of 
harmony, we will ask the children to sit at a separate table. In a separate 
room. Next door. 

Now, I know you have all seen pictures of one person carving a turkey in front 
of a crowd of appreciative onlookers. This will not be happening at our dinner. 
For safety reasons, the turkey will be carved in a private ceremony. I stress 
"private" meaning: Do not, under any circumstances, enter the kitchen to laugh 
at me. Do not send small, unsuspecting children to check on my progress. I have 
an electric knife. The turkey is unarmed. It stands to reason that I will 
eventually win. When I do, we will eat. 

I would like to take this opportunity to remind my young diners that "passing 
the rolls" is not a football play. Nor is it a request to bean your sister in 
the head with warm tasty bread. 

Oh, and one reminder for the adults: For the duration of the meal, and 
especially while in the presence of young diners, we will refer to the giblet 
gravy by its lesser-known name: Cheese Sauce. 
If a young diner questions you regarding the origins or type of Cheese Sauce, 
plead ignorance. Cheese Sauce stains. 

Before I forget, there is one last change. Instead of offering a choice between 
12 different scrumptious desserts, we will be serving the traditional pumpkin 
pie, garnished with whipped cream and small fingerprints. You will still have a 
choice; take it or leave it. I hope you aren't too disappointed that Martha 
Stewart 
will not be dining with us this Thanksgiving. She probably won't come next year 
either. 


Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!! 

                  

  
 
http://www.jokes-joke.com/
http://funny-quotes.blogspot.com/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/funny-jokes/
http://www.freefind.com/find.html?id=7685396
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/funnyquotes/
http://quotesexchange.home.worldnet.att.net/
http://www.quotescentral.com/
http://funny-jokes.blogspot.com/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jokes-jokes/

Reply via email to