Hi all,

  I've become bored of setting up Jenkins jobs by hand for feature
branches, so I wrote a small script to automate that.  It clones the
"fusionforge-feature-twig-template-engine" job into a new one named
after the current feature/* branch (and starts a build immediately for
good measure).  Since I have a couple of feature branches up or coming,
I expect to make extensive use of that script in the coming weeks, and I
wanted to share it just in case it is useful to others (and maybe it
could encourage others to write testsuites ;-)

-----
#! /usr/bin/python3

import jenkins
import re
import os
import sys

srcbranch = 'twig-template-engine'
jobtemplate = 'fusionforge-feature-%s'

curbranch = os.popen("git branch | awk '/^\*/ { print $2 }'").read().strip()
if not re.match('^feature/',curbranch):
    print ("Not a feature branch")
    sys.exit(1)

oldname = jobtemplate % (re.sub('^feature/','',srcbranch),)
newname = jobtemplate % (re.sub('^feature/','',curbranch),)

server = jenkins.Jenkins('http://buildbot.fusionforge.org/', username='XXX',
password='YYY')
oldconf = server.get_job_config(oldname)

try:
    server.get_job_config(newname)
except:
    newconf = re.sub(oldname,newname,oldconf)
    server.create_job(newname,newconf)
    server.build_job(newname)
-----

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

Indépendant en informatique libre -- Free software freelance
http://www.gnurandal.com/