At 04:56 PM 11/20/98 -1000, Jay Hanson wrote:
> [...]

I presume they refer to Dee Hock's non-hierarchical
"management-by-a-group-of-equals" structure (chaos/order) see
http://www.cascadepolicy.org/dee_hock
http://www.funderstanding.com/mailing1.htm

Similar structure is proposed by Wilber/Koestler as "holarchical", being
the "management structure" that the "most complex holon", the human being,
runs by -- see "Brief History of Everything" etc:

http://www.shambhala.com/wilber

They have similar effect, in my opinion, to the Co-operative structure of
Mondragon, and the Direct Democracy structure brought about by
"citizen-initiated binding referendum"

>What problem do they solve?

hierarchy/dictatorship problems

Colin Stark