Now you are talking!

 Eventually we have reached the stage with concrete discussion
 of the ways to deal with, i.e.terminate, the corporations.

 The world parliament of the united peoples will constitute the
 necessary structure for focusing on long-range strategy as well
 as short-term tactics :

 Internationalization of the corporations

 - the only strategy for saving our planet.

 http://home4.inet.tele.dk/peoples

 Ole Fjord Larsen
 Secr.,the formative world parliament

> Biotech Activists wrote:
> >
> > ================================
> > Date Posted: 01/12/1999
> > Posted by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > ================================
> >
> > Having focused much of my work over the past couple of years on Monsanto's
> > uniquely aggressive role in promoting GE in agriculture and elsewhere, I
> > appreciate Gary's thoughtful comments.  Before undertaking such a campaign,
> > though, I think it is important to focus on both our long-range and
> > short-term goals.
> >
> > It is vitally important to educate the public about how corporations such
> > as Monsanto exercise their influence, and put an end to the horrors being
> > perpetrated in Monsanto's name.  It is also important not to lose sight of
> > the bigger picture and the overarching problem of genetic engineering.
> > Monsanto is an important symbol, but in some ways only a symptom of a
> > larger problem.  If Monsanto buckles under and is bought by DuPont, for
> > example, as Ronnie has speculated, it could make things worse:  it could
> > revert to a less aggressive public profile, and wield _more_ influence
> > behind the scenes.
> >
> > So let's keep focusing on Monsanto, but also be clear that defeating
> > Monsanto is not enough.  What are the long-range goals and nearer-term
> > objectives of this effort?  How can it contribute to a wider understanding
> > of (and opposition to) genetic engineering and corporate power in general?
> > I hope folks agree that it's necessary to be clear about these before
> > fleshing out an organizational plan.  It would also help to know something
> > about the specific organizations that would be shaping this effort, as Gary
> > had described.  What resources do various organizations have to contribute
> > to such an effort, and what is their commitment to supporting activists on
> > the ground?  (This may or may not be an appropriate discussion over the
> > listserv.)
> >
> > Brian Tokar
> > Institute for Social Ecology
> > Plainfield, Vermont, U.S.A.
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> > For a list of other commands and list options, please send an email to
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > In the body of the message type:
> > help

Now you are talking!

Eventually we have reached the stage with concrete discussion
of the ways how to deal with, i.e.terminate, the corporations.

The world parliament of the united peoples will constitute the
necessary structure for focusing on long-range strategy as well
as short-term tactics :

Internationalize the corporations