The future of work in 3 sentences, from a Producer/Predator perspective:

Producers will continue to solve the production problem, although that's
becoming harder because Predators continue to sabotage the distribution
problem and mess up the bases & preconditions of production.

Worse, the armageddonist branch of Predators will probably precipitate
wars and crises so badly that we'll return to the trees (if there'll be
any trees left) on which we would have been sitting all those millennia
if it wasn't for Producers.

To avoid that sorry retro outcome, the immediate future of work should
focus on disempowering the Predators before it will be too late, with
the first step of seeing thru mega-fraudulent schemes like "Free Trade"
and the "War on Terror".

Chris