T H E   J O B S   L E T T E R   1 6 9
published in New Zealand 18 July 2002

I N   T H I S   I S S U E
-------------------------------------

MAYORS MEET WITH POLITICAL PARTIES
MORE ELECTION 2002 POLICIES
IN A LAND OF PLENTY — A NEW DOCUMENTARY

The latest Jobs Letter is now freely available
on the internet at
     http://www.jobsletter.org.nz/index.htm

or download as a PDF file (requires Adobe
Acrobat Reader) at
     http://www.jobsletter.org.nz/pdf/jbl169.pdf

E X E C U T I V E   S U M M A R Y

* Our Diary of key events over the last few weeks —
stressed out school teachers, international job losses,
demand for workers on the farms, G8 summit rescue
for Africa, closure of Blenhein meatworks, cuts at
Glenbrook Steel ... and much more.
     http://www.jobsletter.org.nz/index.htm#diary

* The Mayors Taskforce for Jobs has met with the
employment spokespeople of the main political parties
in a special forum held in the Wellington City Council
Chambers.
     http://www.jobsletter.org.nz/index.htm

*  Political parties are releasing new policies almost
daily. We give an essential summary from the last
few weeks ...
     http://www.jobsletter.org.nz/index.htm#morepol

* Alister Barry’s new film “In a Land of Plenty” will be
showing at the Film Festivals in Wellington and Auckland
over the next two weeks. It is an excellent overview
of the story of unemployment on New Zealand from
1984 to 1999.
     http://www.jobsletter.org.nz/jbl16910.htm

C R E D I T S
-------------------------------------
ISSN No. 1172-6695
edited by Vivian Hutchinson for the Jobs Research Trust
P.O.Box 428, New Plymouth, New Zealand
phone 06-753-4434 fax 06-753-4430
email — [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Associates — Rodger Smith, Dave Owens and Jo Howard
Secretary — Shirley Vickery

T H E   J O B S   L E T T E R
is an essential information and media watch
on jobs, employment,  unemployment, the future of work,
and related economic and education issues.

The Jobs Research Trust is a not-for-profit Charitable Trust
constituted in 1994 to develop and  distribute information
that will help our communities create more jobs and reduce
unemployment and poverty in New Zealand.

Kia taea ai te tangata te whiwhi mahi
ahakoa ki whea, ahakoa ko wai.
Our objective is that every New Zealander will have the
opportunity to be in paid work.

visit the award-winning Jobs Research Website
http://www.jobsletter.org.nz/

U N S U B S C R I B E