Le Mon, 6 Jun 2011 21:50:47 +0100,
Thomas Adam <tho...@fvwm.org> a écrit :

> On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 12:09:10AM +0200, Jesús J. Guerrero Botella
> wrote:
> > Hello.
> >
> > I am experiencing an odd problem when I use FvwmButtons in
> > conjunction with RootTransparent based colorsets. If I specify a
> > global one for the panel everything seems ok. The problem starts
> > when I want to use a different (also transparent) colorset in a
> > given cell. Then, on Restart, FvwmButtons doesn't die, instead it
> > starts consuming cpu time like mad, and I can see that a new
> > FvwmButtons piles up in the htop list.
> >
> > I have been able to reproduce this problem with the attached config,
> > which I think is minimal enough.
> >
> > The process is as follows:
> > 1.- use the attached config
> > 2.- make sure the first line points to a valid image, otherwise the
> > transparency won't work, and the bug won't show up
> > 3.- start fvwm
> > 4.- restart many times
> > 5.- keep an eye in htop, top or whatever you use
> >
> > Can anyone else reproduce this on fvwm 2.6.1/2.7?
>
> Finally, I've fixed this and put it in CVS.  Sorry for the delay.
>
> -- Thomas Adam

I was sometime experimenting the same issue with fvwm-crystal and this
look like to be fixed now. I am not able to reproduce it now, even when
changing the desktop pages with the mouse-wheel like a damned.

Thank you both of you.

Maybe other users are experimenting this issue too. So, it can be a good
time to make a bug fix release. I will not stress you, it is fine
for me running the cvs version of fvwm, and anyway, I have other things
to fix into crystal before I can make a new release.

Ciao,
Dominique

--
"We have the heroes we deserve."