"Thomas Adam" <tho...@fvwm.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 06:29:59AM +0200, Viktor Griph wrote:
> > Den 17 okt. 2016 11:56 PM skrev "Dominik Vogt" <dominik.v...@gmx.de>:
> > >
> > > Does anybody really use libstroke support?
> >
> > I've been using it in my configs since I started using fvwm.
> >
> > > It's resonsible for
> > > quite some hardly readably code, and I suspect nobody uses it
> > > anymore.  If there's a need for mouse gesture or touchpad support,
> > > there must certainly be some other library around that does a
> > > better job.
> >
> > I haven't looked for alternatives, but it feels like the functionality
> > really should live in a separate application. It's not about managing
> > windows, but being able to execute commands on gestures.
>
> Absolutely.  From looking at the libstroke homepage [0] it seems as though
> FVWM are the only real users of this library.  Heck, they even have FVWM
> listed as a reference program---including packaging up the FVWM sources for
> 2.0.45.  Historically interesting, but hardly relevant.
>
> I am all in favour of writing a program to do this external to FVWM
> instead---heck, it could even be a module if necessary.  But I don't like it
> in the core of FVWM, and never have---the STROKE_CODE macro seems to really
> irritate me.

I've looked around but most of such projects are too old and/or not in the main
distributions. The only one looks promising is Easystroke [1] but stucks since
2014 ...

For multi gesture support synclient could be used as here [2] described. It has
been written in Perl so it could be interesting as an extension for perlib ...

Best,
- Thomas -

[1] https://github.com/thjaeger/easystroke/wiki
[2] https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/os-touchpad/#resources