On 03 Jun 2001 15:48:32 +0200, Tomas Ogren wrote:

> Ok, I made some more changes to make it consistent now. The point is: It
> doesn't matter what layer I request if I do it _before_ mapping the
> window. Fvwm will still put it on the default layer.

As I already said I can't reproduce this. With no arguments the window
is initialy placed on the layer 2, with arguments it is iniatily placed
on layer 4 and then immediately switches to layer 2, as expected.

In case I am not clear, the button "Same" never does anything for me
if I don't press other buttons.

I can reproduce what you say only if I have this (and this is expected):

  Style winhints Layer 4

BTW, this style option Layer once set can't be disabled without Restart...

Regards,
Mikhael.