On 03 June, 2001 - Mikhael Goikhman sent me these 0.7K bytes:

> As I already said I can't reproduce this. With no arguments the window
> is initialy placed on the layer 2, with arguments it is iniatily placed
> on layer 4 and then immediately switches to layer 2, as expected.
[..]
> I can reproduce what you say only if I have this (and this is expected):
>
>   Style winhints Layer 4

Gah. I'm such a moron!
Guess what 'Style "*"           Layer 4' does? *smacks himself*

Ok, it wasn't a bug in fvwm, it was a bug in me :) Thanks Mikhael..

The focus stuff in nautilus still remains though.. (even with only
built-in settings :)

/Tomas - kicks himself a couple of times
--
Tomas Ögren, [EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.ing.umu.se/~stric/
|- Student at Computing Science, University of Umeå