Dominik Vogt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> On Wed, Aug 22, 2001 at 11:05:55AM -0400, Dan Espen wrote:
> >
> > Using Fvwm 2.4.0, if I create a FrameMaker window
> > and change desks using the pager, when I come back to the page
> > where FrameMaker is, I have to hit Control-L to refresh the view,
> > otherwise the text area of the window is blank.
> >
> > Just changing pages doesn't cause a problem, there has to be
> > a desk change.
>
> So it must have something to do with unmapping/mapping the window.
> It seems that the window does not get an Expose event or the event
> is screwed up or it is ignored.

This stopped working when this change was made:

2001-03-22  Dominik Vogt  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

        * fvwm/events.c (HandleMapRequestKeepRaised):
        * fvwm/virtual.c (unmap_window):
        (map_window):
        disabled ICCCM2 patch that unmaps the client window whenever the frame
        is unmapped since it causes way too mouch trouble. #define
        ICCCM2_UNMAP_WINDOW_PATCH to enable it

Adding back the mapping and unmapping of the window in virtual.c
"fixes" the problem.

The logic in events.c doesn't get involved in this problem.

I'll go look and see what the trouble was that this part of the
ICCCM2 logic was causing...

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]