Dominik Vogt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> On Sun, Sep 02, 2001 at 04:42:20PM -0400, Dan Espen wrote:
> > Dominik Vogt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> e frame

> > > The ICCCM2 demands that, whenever the wm frame of an application
> > > window is unmapped, the application window must be unmapped too.
> > > It is common practice in window managers to ignore this part of
> > > the ICCCM2 because, at some other place, it states that unmapping
> > > the window indicaties that the application was iconified.  Some
> > > applications, for example DDD, respond by iconifying all their
> > > windows.  This may be a good thing for iconification, but since
> > > windows are unmapped while they are on a desktop other than the
> > > current one, this causes strange effects in FvwmPager et. al.
> > >
> > > If this is indeed the problem, then Framemaker should show the
> > > same bug with 2.2.x.  Can you please verify this?
> >
> > Framemaker works fine with 2.2.5.
>
> Doh.  I know it's a lot of work, but can you check out the
> releases between 2.3.30 and 2.3.0 to see at which time the bug
> appeared first?  The commit you quoted was meant to revert back to
> the way 2.2.5 worked.  Thus the bug probably appeared some time
> before this.

I can check the releases but I want to make sure what you are
looking for.

I know this:

2.2.5 works
2001-01-01 thru 2001-03-15 works.
2001-03-25 thru now doesn't work.

2001-01-01 is around release 2.3.28
2001-03-15 is around release 2.3.30
2001-03-25 is around release 2.3.31

Up until now, I was assuming that this worked
from 2.2.5 all the way thru 2.3.30 and only broke in
2.3.31.

Are you thinking there is some time period between 2.2.5 and
2.3.28 where it was also not working?

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]