Alas! Olivier Chapuis spake thus:
> - Improved HTML version of the documentation (better inter-link that
> we have now with the man to html conversion).
>
> - Possibility to have a printable version of the documentation.
>   I.e., a ps and/or pdf FVWM book.
>
> I think that what we need is SGML+DocBook. The LDP and numerous open
> source project use this now.

Maybe I don't have all the facts, but using SGML seems like overkill to
me. Were it up to me, I'd maintain the fvwm documentation as POD (perl's
Plain Old Documentation). POD is a very simple format, and there already
exists many scripts for converting POD to useful formats like man, html,
etc. It's also rather trivial to write a perl script that will convert
POD into some other useful language, if the script doesn't already
exist.

But, I'm just a big perl fan, so maybe I'm biased ;)

I also don't have a problem with the current state of fvwm
documentation... I just read through the manpage every now and then to
make sure I'm getting the most out of my .fvwm2rc ;)

--
Rob Park
http://www.ualberta.ca/~rbpark