On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 11:19:35AM +0100, Dominik Vogt wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 11:07:26AM +0100, Andre Bonhote wrote:
> > On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 10:46:20AM +0100, Dominik Vogt wrote:
> > >   Goal: Make a shiny new site for the celebration and keep the
> > >         news up to date.
> >
> > Ahm, what is "shiny" in your eyes? Do you have examples on how it could
> > look like?
>
> No, and I'd rather stay out of this because I have no web design
> skills at all.  But we definitely need something more fancy for
> the birthday.

Umh, maybe you're right about the webdesign skills, but still, you will
have sites you like and sites you dislike. Interesting would be a number
of sites you like, as you're one of the main developers here.

> > IMHO all a good site needs is an easy navigation. More than two clicks
> > to get what you want is too much. If you ask me: I like the current
> > fvwm.org page somehow. It looks so ... settled :) No, not shiny.
>
> I don't think the current site is too bad.  But it has some *very*
> ugly colour combinations like the pink titles on gray background.

Dominik, be honest: Does the default configuration fvwm2 comes with look
beautiful in your opinion? I mean, if you have a nice and shiny website,
you should maybe think about using another default config for future
releases.

I know, this is OT, but it just came to my mind. Would it be possible to
have the website look like fvwm2? Or/and have fvwm2 by default look like
the website? This is maybe crazy, but, yeah! why not?

Just an idea. I really do _not_ like the default look of fvwm2. I could
imagine that a new user would be quite shocked ... (sorry to the creator
of that "theme", but it's my taste).

CU
A.

--
Steinbach's Guideline for Systems Programming:
        Never test for an error condition you don't know how to handle.