On 7/8/06, Dominik Vogt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Fri, Jul 07, 2006 at 06:34:31PM -0500, fvwm-workers wrote:
> CVSROOT:      /home/cvs/fvwm
> Module name:  fvwm
> Changes by:   renato  06/07/07 18:34:31
>
> Modified files:
>       .              : ChangeLog
>       fvwm           : fvwm.1.in fvwm.c
>
> Log message:
> Removed the warning about the obsolete option -blackout.
> Removed its reference from the manual.

Um, why?  We've never had any 'secret' features (at least not on
purpose).  Every option is documented, even if it's frowned upon.

The -blackout code was removed a long time ago. The warning I refer to
was put there by you in 1999 (pre-2.4) so that people who used to
start fvwm with the -blackout option could still do it, even if it
didn't do nothing. There was really no option -blackout, fvwm just
accepted it and said "it doesnt do nothing anymore", instead of
refusing to start. It's there (the warning) since 1999, so I guess no
one needs that anymore..

Cheers,
 Renato

Ciao