Hi all,

I've to document this formally, but I wanted to let you know of a few options
I've enabled for the "master" branch on the main fvwm Git repository.

All pushes by default (across all branches) will now have Travis CI ran
against them.  Travis is a Continuous Integration tool[1] which allows the
code to be compiled.  If there's any errors, an email is sent out indicating
where the logs can be found[2].  Note that I've set up a matrix job, which
means that _both_ GCC and clang builds have to succeed in order for a build to
be successful.  Over the last few years, I've found clang/LLVM to often give
better indications of problems than GCC, hence why I've enabled both.

Additionally, the master branch (which is where all the stable code intended
for releases ends up) now has protection enabled, which means code will not be
merged there by default, should Travis CI be unable to build it.  This should
help things be more robust, and provides a much more powerful alternative to
the old snapshot mechanisms of yesteryear.  This also means commits directly
on master are discouraged---but that's OK because we've discussed that before.

Any questions, do please let me know.

[1] https://travis-ci.org/
[2] https://travis-ci.org/fvwmorg/fvwm/builds