On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 11:28:07AM +0200, Dominik Vogt wrote:
> On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 09:08:17AM +0100, Chris G wrote:
> > I don't want it to change fvwm, I just want it not to crash!
>
> Well, if it crashes, does it leave a core file or print any error
> output?  THe snippet you posted earlier is not from fvwm itself.

When I click on "Enable" in Desktop Effects my whole desktop just goes
pop and I get returned to the GDM login screen.  Hence no "error
messages", as I'm running in init level 5 I don't think fvmw2 has a
tty to write to when it dies.

There's no sign of a core file anywhere either.

I'll try dropping down to run level 3 and see if anything is visible
then.

--
Chris Green