> Since I'm using gnome-panel I also use the gnome Workspace Switcher
> which sits happily as an applet in the gnome-panel.  The problem is
> that there is an interaction between the Workspace Switcher and
> Desktop Effects which is why I want to change the settings in Desktop
> Effects.
>
> I realise this is getting a bit far from fvwm2 now though.
The problem is that when you turn on the desktop effects gnome/fedora
is trying to use the Compiz window manager. Compiz and FVWM don't play
together.

> Is there any equivalent of gnome-panel in fvwm2 where I could park
> FvwmPager?  Can I get the gnome-panel menus into the same place?  The
> gnome menus have the big advantage of automatically adding new
> programs when you install them.
No, there is not something which will add the new application automagically.

I use the KDE toolbar (kicker) and that has a pager that I can
configure to work exactly like the FvwmPager module.
All the 'quick access' stuff is in Fvwm menus and "if i need
something" I use the kicker menu...

--
----
Met vriendelijke groeten / With kind regards