On Wed, 21 Oct 2009 13:06:19 +0800, ch huang <justlo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> i use centos5.3,now my desktop is xfce,and i have installed fvwm
> ./configure
> make
> make install
> and everything is fine.but, now question is how can i get it start?
> i switch to console 0 ,and type init 3 to stop my xfce,and type fvwm
(also
> tried fvwm2) ,get an error: can not  display
> how can i do to make fvwm work?

That depends on how do you start your X session usually. If you use a
display manager like [XKG]DM then it should provide an option to load fvwm
instead of the desktop you are currently running. If not, you should be
able to boot it by selecting something like "default session" and running
fvwm from your ~/.xsession file.

If you use "startx" to startx from the command line, then the file to look
at is ~/.xinitrc

In any case, this is not an fvwm related topic, but rather related to the
config of X or your login manager, depending on how do you enter X.
--
Jesús Guerrero