On 02/12/2010 09:51 AM, Thomas Adam wrote:
> On 12 February 2010 08:29, Nathan Hüsken <f...@lonely-star.org> wrote:
>
>> I am sorry if I am bothering or am asking stupid questions, but I really
>> can not find it in the fvwm documentation (looking throught the manpages
>> and the html documentation).
>> I understand how PipeRead works (that I found in the manpages), but to
>> make it rearrange my whole desktop, it needs to get a list of all
>> windows and their geometry. I have seen $[w.width] (only in this list,
>> where is it documentated), but that gives me only the current window. I
>> need all windows ...
>>
> All (foo) PipeRead `.....`
>
> But you will likely need to double-up on your expansion parameters in
> PipeRead, so:
>
> $$[foo]
>
> for instance.
>
> I am being deliberately vague here -- since I assume you're wanting to
> try to do this yourself?  If not, when I get back from work, I'll give
> you a solution using FvwmPerl -- won't take me long, I suppose.
>
> -- Thomas Adam

Hi,

I am getting there, just a little piece missing.
For testing, I did:
AddToFunc Tile
+   I SetEnv cur_x $[w.x]
+   I SetEnv cur_y $[w.y]
+   I SetEnv cur_width $[w.width]
+   I SetEnv cur_height $[w.height]
+   I All PipeRead 'echo $[cur_x] $[w.x] >> ./test_out'

In the hope that $[w.x] in "All" would apply to the context of the
window all is calling on currently.
But the result is, the $[cur_x] $[w.x] both give me the x position of
the current focused window.

Do I somehow have access to a variable within in "All" that iterates of
the x position (and other infos) off all windows?

BTW: I am staying away from FvwmPerl, because I do not know any perl.
Regards,
Nathan