On 07/15/10 19:19, Jake Moe wrote:
On 16/07/10 06:43, des...@verizon.net wrote:
"Mauricio E. Silva"<mauricioesi...@speedy.com.ar>  writes:

Hi,

     I have a problem that may be related to Xorg instead of the FVWM but i
couldn't find a solution there so i ask here to see if someone else got the
same problem.

     I love the CTRL+ARROW KEYS function to change Desktops, but it didn't
work on newer version of Xorg. As far as i tested the arrows keys in the
Menu and WinList also stop working.

     The function that I'm talking about is:

# Arrow Keys
# press arrow + control anywhere, and scroll by 1 page
Key Left        A       C       Scroll -100 0
Key Right       A       C       Scroll +100 +0
Key Up          A       C       Scroll +0   -100
Key Down        A       C       Scroll +0   +100

     This problem happens to me in this systems:

- Slackware 13.1, FVWM 2.4.20, 2.5.28 and 2.5.30, Xorg 1.7.7
- FreeBSD 8.0, FVWM 2.5.30, Xorg 1.7.2

     and works fine on:

- Slackware 13.0, FVWM 2.5.28, Xorg 1.6.3
- FreeBSD 7.2, FVWM 2.4.20, Xorg 1.4.0

Using 1.7.6 here.
Ctrl+Arrow works fine.

Start up xev and verify that the arrow keys return
Left/Right/Up/Down as expected.

Then examine the keys with xmodmap, like this:

home>  xmodmap -pke | grep Down
keycode  88 = KP_2 KP_Down KP_2 KP_Down
keycode 116 = Down NoSymbol Down
keycode 186 = XF86ScrollDown NoSymbol XF86ScrollDown
keycode 232 = XF86MonBrightnessDown NoSymbol XF86MonBrightnessDown
keycode 237 = XF86KbdBrightnessDown NoSymbol XF86KbdBrightnessDown

Also, you could double-check that you haven't accidentally set it to
something else later on in your configuration.

grep -i key ~/.fvwm/* | grep -i left

Just a thought...

Jake Moe

E-mail clasificado por el Idenfificador de Spam Inteligente.
Para modificar la categoría clasificada acceda a su webmail

Este mensaje ha sido verificado por el E-mail Protegido.
Antivirus actualizado en 15/07/2010 / Versión: 0.96/11377

Thanx for quick answer...
First i miss read the version of Xorg on the FreeBSD 8 machine, it is not 1.7.2 it is 1.6.2.

The output of the xmodmap looks fine to me, exactly the same on all my working and nonworking computers.

kru...@eddie:/var/log$ xmodmap -pke | grep Down
keycode  88 = KP_Down KP_2 KP_Down KP_2
keycode 116 = Down NoSymbol Down
keycode 186 = XF86ScrollDown NoSymbol XF86ScrollDown
keycode 232 = XF86MonBrightnessDown NoSymbol XF86MonBrightnessDown
keycode 237 = XF86KbdBrightnessDown NoSymbol XF86KbdBrightnessDown

The xev output also looks fine too.

The FVWM configuration is the same configuration in all my machines with little changes between the 2.4 and 2.5 series.

And Thomas the logger of one machine is in http://lan.no-ip.org/Xorg.0.log
I don't think the problem may be the 'evdev', because the FreeBSD version 8 is using the driver 'kbd'.

Mauricio E. Silva