Hi there,

I'm new at FVWM and I use Debian Lenny with fvwm "2.5.16".
My goal is to migrate from KDE 3.5 to Fvwm, because KDE 3
is no longer available as soon as Debian Squeeze will appear
(and KDE 4 is not an option for me).

I use the SloppyFocus policy combined with the GrabFocus policy.
I want that at the current viewport at least one window
has the focus. This is not always the case.

The problem: If I switch to another viewport and then
back to the prior one, then sometimes no window has the
focus. If I give a window a focus and close it, then
again no window has the focus.

How can I solve this problem?

My idea is that I use an event to use the "Next" command
to give some window the focus:
- If I switch the viewport, I could call such a function
- If a window closes, I could call such a function.

Problem:
- Doing something if I switch the viewport, could be possible.
- But, doing something if a window closes, is difficult.

How can I do something if a window closes?
I need an event like "CloseFunction" that I can
load with commands using "AddToFunc".

Can you give me some ideas how I can solve these problems?
Or would it be possible that further versions of FVWM
contain a solution to this?

Best regards,
Michael Großer