On Thu, Dec 01, 2011 at 05:21:31PM +0800, source liu wrote:
> The Teddy is so cute.  :)
>

> On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 5:08 PM, Thomas Adam <tho...@fvwm.org> wrote:
> > On Thu, Dec 01, 2011 at 04:24:18PM +0800, source liu wrote:
> >>  I've come to an issue that when i start iceweasel ( debian with kernel
> >>  3.1.0-1 amd64),  my FVWM quit abnormally , and come to kdm login
> >>  session ( I use kdm to switch KDE and FVWM).  (not always, but more
> >>  often than sometimes), though i can login easily after that crash
> >>  happened.
> >>  ocassionly some other application would cause this problem, too, but
> >>  iceweasel does it more frequently.
> >
> > Compile FVWM with debug symbols:
> >
> > make CFLAGS="-g -ggdb"
>
> I got my fvwm through apt,  should i recompile it from source code?

If you're not using 2.6.3, then yes.  Of course you should.  And you'd need
to be compiling from source for the above advice to be of any use to you,
yes.

> > Run that version of fvwm, make it crash. Look in your CWD or your home
> > directory for a corefile, which you must have appropriate ulimit settings
> > for (setting "ulimit -c unlimited" before you start FVWM), and using gdb get
> > a stack trace:
> >
> > gdb fvwm /path/to/core
> >
> > Then type:
> >
> > bt
>

> Fine, you do point me a way to gdb, don't you?

I do not understand this sentence.  You'll need to install gdb, and if you
have a corefile (called "core", by the way), then you can issue the
instructions above.

Do not just send me the corefile itself, because oftentimes corefiles can
contain information outside from the crash itself which might be sensitive.

I wouldn't bother with the Xorg logs myself either -- just concentrate on
getting a corefile if FVWM really is crashing, which from your description,
suggests it is.