On Thu, Dec 01, 2011 at 12:55:53PM -0500, des...@verizon.net wrote:
> Thomas Adam <tho...@fvwm.org> writes:
>
> > I wouldn't bother with the Xorg logs myself either -- just concentrate on
> > getting a corefile if FVWM really is crashing, which from your description,
> > suggests it is.
>
> I'm curious Tom, what makes you think it's Fvwm and not X?
> Doesn't KDM gain control with either type of crash?

Maybe -- I think it depends how the window manager is started, but I took
the description of the problem to be FVWM's fault rather than X, and I've
seen the same symptoms before where FVWM was involved but couldn't track the
problem down so I'm hoping it is FVWM and not X.

> Personally, I don't use any kind of DM and use Xlogout to hold the
> session so I can easily tell what crashed.

Yes, which is why I still find xconsole invaluable.  :)