On Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 09:32:29AM +0100, Markus Hutmacher wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using FVWM-2.6.1 on Slackware64-current. I've installed qwit

At least try 2.6.4.

> (and also qtwitter) as Twitter-clients. Both are shown in
> stalonetray and work as expected. But when I restart FVWM before
> closing qwit, it is shown in stalonetray, but I cannot manage the
> window to be shown. When I use the "show/hide" option at the icon in
> stalonetray, the desktop is changed, but still no window. The same
> is true for qtwitter, both (as the name says are qt-based. Exiting
> FVWM and restarting doesn't work either.

Well, I suspect that qwit is doing something like this:

* Click on systray icon -> Focus Window.
* Click again on systray icon -> is window mapped ? Hide : Show

It's entirely possible that through the systray icon, FVWM thinks the window
is in the WithDrawn state, or something, and is never mapped again because
of it.

I took a very quick look at this using qwit, and cannot reproduce your
problem.

> But when I start qwit or qtwitter in KDE and afterwards again in
> FVWM, both work as expected.

Don't think that there's any causality here -- the two are completely
different.

> Here my question: what does KDE with the programs what FVWM does
> not? is there an option I can use in the configuration? My
> configuration is

As I say, it could be how the X11 events are being treated, but I'll
struggle to know for sure until I can reproduce it.

Since it seems to be working fine here for me, I'll try and rule out
anything in your config first, if you'll send that to me?

"Deep in my heart I wish I was wrong.  But deep in my heart I know I am
not." -- Morrissey ("Girl Least Likely To" -- off of Viva Hate.)