On 19 May 2012 22:28, elliot s <elliot...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd like to have one desktop per monitor (ie an independent "pager"
> per monitor) with the ability to move or extend windows across the
> monitors.  Basically, a double wide page, where each "pager" controls
> the windows with their (0,0) on that page half. Having the page button
> show the icon of the last focused window would be nice, if possible.

Not possible without Xinerama and even then, you're encroaching on
per-desktop support which isn't possible yet.

> I assume the pagers could be faked by fvwmbuttons and scripting.
> Has anyone already done that?

The only thing you can do is use FvwmEvent to hold different pagers
for each *desk* -- and make them stickyacrosspages for that desk,
killing the other pagers as you move between desks.

I don't know if this is what you're asking or not.  But likely what
you're asking isn't possible yet, and no amount of scripting is going
to help you.