On Mon, Jul 09, 2012 at 09:07:17PM +0300, Oleksandr Gavenko wrote:
> On 2012-04-06, Michael Großer wrote:
>
> > It seems like nobody is working on a book
> > right now.
> > [SKIP]
> > The best thing you (and every other person who wants
> > to learn FVWM) can do is to just read the man page,
> > to read the "Unofficial Tutorial" at
> > http://www.zensites.net/fvwm/guide/
> >
> I just yesterday ask about using FvwmCpp and FvwmM4 modules. Because this
> page:
>
>   http://www.zensites.net/fvwm/guide/global.html
>
> around 2008 introduce to me usage of:
>
>   SetVar VAR VAL

That is my guide and I would like to update it to and make it more inline of my
modern approach and good fvwm pratcies. Though if you read though the guide you
do see I say don't abuse this and in my new version (its imcomplete and I can't
seem to get the motivation to fine tune it) I removed the SetEnv completely and
want to replace it with InfoStore. But from the guide

"Note though that over-using environment variables leads to a lot of
"pollution" within FVWM's evironment space, especially if they're only being
used to hold settings which might only ever change once a year. You can see
this thread on the fvwm forums for more detailed information."

though I guess I need to update the link there

If you want I don't mind sending a copy of the new version in its very raw
incomplete form if you want to add to it. I am not really seeking help for it,
but I don't mind accepting some if it follows the same format (I don't want it
to be documentation but mearly a way to get people into the frameset of an fvwm
config file so they can then start to read the fvwm man page to extract the
info they need to do what they want)

jaimos