On Mon, Jul 16, 2018 at 2:09 PM, Glenn Golden <g...@zplane.com> wrote:
> Can you try this specific sequence:
>
>    1.  Start xv
>    2.  Iconify it. Call that position A
>    3.  Manually move the icon to some other position, B
>    4.  Click the icon to open it, then do a grab (^G) of some arbitrary
>        window.  (To do the grab, just click button 1 in the targer window).
>    5.  Then iconify xv again.

That's essentially the process I follow.  My config contains just a
call to FvwmConsole and I accomplish each step by typing in the
command and then carrying out whatever mouse action.

> For me, it returns to position A.
I did it again, just to be sure, empty config, no issues.

> I will try it a little later with an empty fvwm config as you suggested,
> see wha' hoppen.
Interestingly, I just noticed you have to provide the absolute path to
the config file when you pass it via "-f", just FYI.