"Ronald F. Guilmette" <r...@tristatelogic.com> writes:

> Sorry for the tardy reply and for being away from email for the past
> few days.
>

> In message <icy32m9ivm....@home.home>,
> Dan Espen <dan1es...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Style *Firefox  EWMHDontDonateIcon, Iconoverride, Icon myfork.xpm
>>
>>Worked for me (with my icon).
>
> Yessss!  Thank you.   That seems to have worked for me too.
>
>>Not sure if the EMWH thing is required, I used to use just Iconoverride.
>>Not sure the * is required for Firefox, that was just my first test that
>>worked.
>
> I am not going to argue with success.
>
>>When testing this stuff, it's easier to use FvwmCommand.
>>Just type in a terminal:
>>
>>FvwmCommand 'Style *Firefox  EWMHDontDonateIcon, Iconoverride, Icon
>>myfork.xpm'
>
> Hummm... I tried that and that didn't work.  I got the following
> error message (which I don't have the first clue about):
>
>     No such file or directory FvwmCommand error in opening message fifo

Sorry, for FvwmCommand to work you need this in your config:

AddToFunc StartFunction I Module FvwmCommandS

(starts the server)

FvwmTalk and FvwmConsole work without a server.

> No matter.  I have gotten the Firefox icon I wanted, so I'm pretty
> overjoyed.  Now if I can just get fvwm to use my choice for an XTerm
> icon and then install my digital xclock I'll die a happy man.

I'm not having any luck with xterm.
First I tried starting xterm with -ai to kill the active icon.
Now I get some other xterm built in icon but not the one I specify.
I know this used to work, back when I used xterm.
I think you'll have better luck with rxvt.

--
Dan Espen