In message <20190608060220.gf4...@kamajii.efball.com>,
E Frank Ball <fra...@frankb.us> wrote:

>Chrome has an option under settings called "Use system title bar and
>borders".  Turn it on an it works fine.  Evince is a problem.

OK.  Thanks.  You're right.  That enables the normative borders.

What about the second issue I mentioned?  That one is far more serious.
Why doesn't chrome{ium} behave itself in a normal fashion, just like
everything else, and pop to the foreground when you click on some visible
part of it (e.g. along the very top edge on the window)?

I freely admit that I know almost nothing about X generally, and/or
about X window managers, but it seems *really* bizzare to me that
chrom{ium} is even able to "opt out" of this foregrounding behavior...
behavior which every other type of application window seems to do
effortlessly, and in a "standard" fashion.

So, is there a chrome setting for this too?

Isn't fvwm the thing that should be bringing the window to the foreground?